Upcoming Events Calendar
3/13/09
Client Testimonial: Non-Immune Mediated Food Intolerences
Here is a great client testimonial outlining some positive results while working with Michael in a consultation program.
One of the main focal points of this clients program was "non-immune mediated food intolerences", which will be addressed in another posting in the near future.
Dear Staff of Life Nutrition Consulting,
"Prior to working with Michael I was at the point in my life were I was looking for some solution that didn’t involve any more medications from the medical profession that were making me even more unwell. It was at this point that Michael was hosting a lecture where I was taking yoga classes. Although I was unable to attend the lecture I did make an appointment with him to discuss my treatment. Our first meeting put me at ease because I believed that I finally found someone who could help me deal more effectively with my anxiety. He outlined his program to me in a very organized manner and more importantly I truly believed that he would help me in a way that no doctor or psychiatrist could. I have always been a believer that proper eating and lifestyle changes can heal ones body as well as the mind and during the course of my treatment that theory was proven.
During our second meeting Michael took a blood test in order to determine if I had any food allergies which might be the cause of my anxiety. However, the test was negative and this presented him with more challenges because it wasn’t the simple elimination of certain foods which would relieve the anxiety but something more complex. Michael then proceeded to introduce me to the morning routine which I perform faithfully every morning. This routine involves drinking 2 cups of water upon waking up followed by deep belly breathing and some stretching and yoga postures. This routine has been so helpful in calming me down in the morning and the rest of my day reflects that.
Another issue that was plaguing me was difficulty sleeping. I would very often be unable to fall asleep during the night or wake up several times during the night with heart palpitations. This more than anything else was such a torture for me because it was a self-perpetuating cycle. The insomnia would sometimes be the cause of more anxiety and the anxiety would be the cause of many more sleepless nights. In response to this Michael introduced me to something called night shades. Night shades are foods that grow at night and include tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplant. Since it was determined that I was eating these foods regularly Michael instructed me to eat these foods no more than once a week since they might be affecting my sleep. He also instructed me to eat grains in the evening (especially millet) because they are high in the B vitamins and could help me sleep more soundly.
By incorporating these changes into my diet and performing the morning routine daily I have slowly been able to conquer the anxiety which use to rule my life. It is so empowering to say that I have finally found a solution that I can follow for the rest of my life and know that it is healing to my body and not destructive. It is such a blessing and I am so thankful to Michael for his support and instruction during those difficult months. My message to anyone is to not give up hope because a solution is there you just have to reach out and grab it. In the end this is your life and only you can help yourself.
Today I still keep in touch with Michael even though my treatment has come to an end. He is such a fountain of knowledge and it is always interesting to participate in his cooking classes or lectures. I am always learning something new about food and how it can affect my body and mind."
Sincerely,
L.B.
One of the main focal points of this clients program was "non-immune mediated food intolerences", which will be addressed in another posting in the near future.
Dear Staff of Life Nutrition Consulting,
"Prior to working with Michael I was at the point in my life were I was looking for some solution that didn’t involve any more medications from the medical profession that were making me even more unwell. It was at this point that Michael was hosting a lecture where I was taking yoga classes. Although I was unable to attend the lecture I did make an appointment with him to discuss my treatment. Our first meeting put me at ease because I believed that I finally found someone who could help me deal more effectively with my anxiety. He outlined his program to me in a very organized manner and more importantly I truly believed that he would help me in a way that no doctor or psychiatrist could. I have always been a believer that proper eating and lifestyle changes can heal ones body as well as the mind and during the course of my treatment that theory was proven.
During our second meeting Michael took a blood test in order to determine if I had any food allergies which might be the cause of my anxiety. However, the test was negative and this presented him with more challenges because it wasn’t the simple elimination of certain foods which would relieve the anxiety but something more complex. Michael then proceeded to introduce me to the morning routine which I perform faithfully every morning. This routine involves drinking 2 cups of water upon waking up followed by deep belly breathing and some stretching and yoga postures. This routine has been so helpful in calming me down in the morning and the rest of my day reflects that.
Another issue that was plaguing me was difficulty sleeping. I would very often be unable to fall asleep during the night or wake up several times during the night with heart palpitations. This more than anything else was such a torture for me because it was a self-perpetuating cycle. The insomnia would sometimes be the cause of more anxiety and the anxiety would be the cause of many more sleepless nights. In response to this Michael introduced me to something called night shades. Night shades are foods that grow at night and include tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplant. Since it was determined that I was eating these foods regularly Michael instructed me to eat these foods no more than once a week since they might be affecting my sleep. He also instructed me to eat grains in the evening (especially millet) because they are high in the B vitamins and could help me sleep more soundly.
By incorporating these changes into my diet and performing the morning routine daily I have slowly been able to conquer the anxiety which use to rule my life. It is so empowering to say that I have finally found a solution that I can follow for the rest of my life and know that it is healing to my body and not destructive. It is such a blessing and I am so thankful to Michael for his support and instruction during those difficult months. My message to anyone is to not give up hope because a solution is there you just have to reach out and grab it. In the end this is your life and only you can help yourself.
Today I still keep in touch with Michael even though my treatment has come to an end. He is such a fountain of knowledge and it is always interesting to participate in his cooking classes or lectures. I am always learning something new about food and how it can affect my body and mind."
Sincerely,
L.B.